The position is situated in the Strategic Engagement and Policy Integration Branch in the Financing for Sustainable Development Office (FSDO) of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA). The Financing for Sustainable Development Office gives powerful secretariat backing to supported follow-up inside the United Nations framework to the understandings and duties came to at the International Conference on Financing for Development, as contained in the Monterrey Consensus just as financing for advancement related parts of the results of major United Nations meetings and summits in the monetary and social fields, including the improvement objectives set out in the United Nations Millennium Declaration. More data can be found at: http://www.un.org/esa/ffd/. The occupant reports to the Chief of the Strategic Engagement and Policy Integration Branch.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Strategic Engagement and Policy Integration Branch , the Program Management Assistant will be in charge of the full scope of program and regulatory help capacities, just as for giving back-up to FfDO’s Information Technology Assistant. The occupant will be entrusted with the accompanying obligations:
Aids the coordination of program/arranging and planning work for the Strategic Engagement and Policy Integration Branch , including however not restricted to, business related to the ECOSOC discussion on Financing for development; screens status of program recommendations and receipt of significant documentation for survey and endorsement.
Gathers, abridges, and shows essential data/information on explicit projects/venture and related themes or issues.
Audits venture archives, particularly cost plans/spending plans, for fulfillment and consistence with significant standards and systems before accommodation for definite endorsement and mark; distinguishes irregularities; appropriates venture reports to pertinent gatherings upon endorsement.
Audits spending amendments; checks accessibility of assets; guarantees fundamental endorsement and passage in automated spending framework.
Fills in as point of convergence for regulatory coordination of program/usage exercises, including broad contact with a differing hierarchical units to start demands, acquire essential clearances, process and follow-up on managerial activities, for example consultancies, travel game plans, approval of installments, payment of assets, and so on.
Gives help with the coordination of occasions sorted out or supported by FSDO.
Aids HR the executives, incorporating handling cases in Inspira and getting ready and preparing consultancy contracts.
Deliberately pursues and tracks improvement of applicable General Assembly and ECOSOC plan things, goals and other authoritative choices that influence work program of FSDO.
Aids planning and accommodation of the official records arranged by the Branch; drafts correspondence on spending plan related issues and gets ready and updates intermittent reports, preparation notes, realistic and measurable outlines, bookkeeping spreadsheets, and a wide assortment of different archives and introduction materials, utilizing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other programming bundles.
Gives general office help; reacts to complex data solicitations and request; surveys and courses approaching correspondence; sets up and keeps up e-documents/records; composes
gatherings, workshops; handles routine authoritative assignments, for example, keeping up participation records, and so forth.
Gives reinforcement backing to the Information Technology Assistant by helping with keeping up the FSDO site utilizing WordPress, including refreshing the current website pages and making new ones as required.
Performs different obligations as appointed.
•Professionalism: Knowledge of interior strategies, procedures and systems by and large and specifically those identified with program organization, execution and assessment, programming and planning. Capacity to comprehend the capacities and association of the work unit and of the hierarchical structure and individual jobs of related units. Information of intergovernmental forms in the zone of financing for improvement. Information of general office and authoritative help including managerial arrangements, procedures and systems. Capacity to apply decision making ability with regards to assignments given. Shows pride in work and in accomplishments; exhibits proficient capability and authority of topic; is scrupulous and effective in gathering duties, watching due dates and accomplishing results; is inspired by expert instead of individual concerns; indicates determination when looked with troublesome issues or difficulties; resists the urge to panic in upsetting circumstances. Assumes liability for joining sex points of view and guaranteeing the equivalent interest of ladies and men in every aspect of work.
Arranging and Organizing: Develops clear objectives that are steady with concurred methodologies; recognizes need exercises and assignments; modifies needs as required; apportions proper measure of time and assets for finishing work; anticipates hazards and takes into account possibilities when arranging; screens and alters plans and activities as essential; utilizes time proficiently.
Mechanical Awareness: Keeps side by side of accessible innovation; gets pertinence and constraint of innovation to crafted by the workplace; effectively looks to apply innovation to suitable undertakings; demonstrates eagerness to adapt new innovation.
Secondary school certificate or identical is required.
At least five years of involvement in program or venture organization, specialized collaboration or a related zone is required. Involvement in research, managerial, and data innovation is required. Experience working in an extensive association ideally in a worldwide association is required. Involvement with intergovernmental forms is attractive. Involvement with an incorporated administration framework, for example, Umoja and Inspira or other practically identical instruments are alluring. Involvement in supporting the secretariat of intergovernmental bodies identified with ECOSOC is alluring. Involvement in preparing enlistment of transitory work force, or experts or individual temporary workers is attractive.
English and French are the working dialects of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post promoted, familiarity with English is required. Information of another authority United Nations language is leeway.
Assessment of qualified applicants may incorporate an appraisal practice which might be trailed by competency-based meeting.
• This position is incidentally accessible beginning at the earliest opportunity until 29 December 2019, with a probability of expansion. In the event that the chose hopeful is a staff part from the United Nations Secretariat, the determination will be managed as an impermanent task.
- While this transitory task may furnish the effective candidate with a chance to increase new work understanding, the determination for this position is for a constrained period and doesn’t matter to the future incumbency of the post.
- Subject to the subsidizing wellspring of the position, the qualification for this transitory employment opportunity might be restricted to competitors based at the obligation station.
- This impermanent employment opportunity might be restricted to “inner competitors,” who have been enrolled through a focused examination managed by staff rule 4.16 or staff determination process including the audit of a focal survey body built up as per staff rule 4.15.
- Staff individuals from the United Nations basic framework associations who will achieve the compulsory time of division or retirement inside the term of the present brief need time frame are not qualified to apply.Submitting an application or choice for the present impermanent employment opportunity does not defer or expand the required time of partition.
- Retirees over the obligatory period of partition who wish to be considered for the present transitory employment opportunity must show the purpose behind their last division as “retirement.” Such retirees will not be utilized by the Organization, except if (a) the operational necessities of the Organization can’t be met by staff individuals who are qualified and accessible to play out the required capacities; and (b) the proposed business would not unfavorably influence the vocation improvement or redeployment chances of other staff individuals and speaks to both a savvy and operationally stable answer for address the issues of the administration.
- This position is liable to neighborhood enlistment in accordance with staff rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Rules. All staff in the General Service and related classifications will be selected in the nation or inside driving separation of every office, independent of their nationality and of the time span they may have been in the nation. A staff part subject to neighborhood enlistment will not be qualified for the remittances or advantages only appropriate to worldwide enrollment.
- Finishing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is an essential for enrollment thought in the General Services and related classes in the United Nations Secretariat. Candidates who have not passed the GGST at the season of use might be welcomed for the test in the wake of presenting an application. Having breezed through the Administrative Support Assessment Test in English at the United Nations Headquarters, Economic Commission for Africa, Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, United Nations Office at Geneva, United Nations Office at Vienna, International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda or International Criminal Tribunal for the previous Yugoslavia; or the United Nations Accounting or Statistical Assistant Examination at the United Nations Headquarters might be acknowledged in lieu of the GGST.
United Nations Considerations
As indicated by article 101, passage 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the fundamental thought in the work of the staff is the need of verifying the most astounding guidelines of productivity, capability, and respectability. Applicants won’t be considered for work with the United Nations in the event that they have submitted infringement of global human rights law, infringement of universal helpful law, sexual misuse, sexual maltreatment, or lewd behavior, or if there are sensible grounds to trust that they have been associated with the commission of any of these demonstrations. The expression “sexual misuse” signifies any genuine or endeavored maltreatment of a place of powerlessness, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, however not constrained to, benefitting fiscally, socially or politically from the sexual abuse of another. The expression “sexual maltreatment” signifies the genuine or undermined physical interruption of a sexual sort, regardless of whether by power or under unequal or coercive conditions. The expression “inappropriate behavior” signifies any unwelcome direct of a sexual sort that may sensibly be required or be seen to cause offense or embarrassment, when such lead meddles with work, is made a state of business or makes a scary, threatening or hostile workplace, and when the gravity of the direct warrants the end of the culprit’s working relationship. Applicants who have carried out wrongdoings other than minor traffic offenses may not be considered for work.
Due respect will be paid to the significance of enrolling the staff on as wide a land premise as could reasonably be expected. The United Nations puts no limitations on the qualification of people to take an interest in any way and under states of equity in its important and auxiliary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking condition.
Candidates are encouraged to adhere to deliberately all directions accessible in the online enrollment stage, inspira. For increasingly nitty gritty direction, candidates may allude to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be gotten to by tapping on “Manuals” hyper-interface on the upper right half of the inspira account-holder landing page.
The assessment of candidates will be directed based on the data submitted in the application as indicated by the assessment criteria of the employment opportunity and the pertinent inward enactments of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, goals of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, authoritative issuances and rules. Candidates must give total and precise data relating to their own profile and capabilities as indicated by the guidelines gave in inspira to be considered for the present place of employment opening. No alteration, expansion, erasure, correction or adjustment will be made to applications that have been submitted. Competitors under genuine thought for choice will be liable to reference checks to confirm the data gave in the application.
Employment opportunities promoted on the Careers Portal will be evacuated at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the due date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.